Are your social media posts going anywhere?
You post a new 60 second video and within 30 seconds you get 30 new likes. Sounds like something’s wrong here right? Either they didn’t watch the whole video, or they just clicked “Like” without actually watching your content. With all of this technology its way too easy to just click a button, especially the user has an apple watch, the user can literally just look at their watch and press the like button in a second when they get the notification. You have to ask yourself, are people actually engaging on your content? Are conversations happening? Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Not everyone is going to comment, so make sure your responding to EVERY comment. If someone told you a complement in person would you not say thank you? Why treat social media any different.
- For video posts, check the stats on Facebook in particular, see how many 10 second views you get and compare that to the number of completed views. Your community could be getting restless. In real life, movie producers look at reviews and ratings. Again, why treat social media any different?
- Your content needs to be different for every platform. Stop using these platform as a distribution platform. You need to target audiences in each platform differently using different techniques. Post at different times depending on when your content is most relevant.
- Make sure your social media profiles are updated and look professional. They are the modern day “landing page” that people will eventually land at after reading a post and wondering who the hell you are. Make sure people are looking at updated information, it could cost you.
- Chatbots. Get one or make one for Facebook. It could save you a lot of time when dealing with new clients. Most people like to speak to someone over the phone but there are some that just want information quickly. You have to cater to every individual need of you want to make the most of your social media presence.